Since our founding in 2014, we have stuck closely to a set of core values created and written with the input of all Indigo employees. Even as our company has evolved, these principles have remained relevant, continuing to inform our business practices.
The Indigo Promise
We will always strive to do the right thing
We believe that the plant microbiome can fundamentally change agriculture for the better, and we are motivated to maximize that potential.
We are intensely focused on meeting the needs of four groups of stakeholders: growers, consumers, the environment, and shareholders.
We are committed to:
- Helping growers improve their profitability
- Improving the healthfulness of the food available to consumers
- Protecting the environment by introducing new products that improve sustainability
- Providing our shareholders with an above average return
When conflicts between our commitments to these stakeholders arise, we will work to find creative solutions that meet the needs of all four.
We are a science-based organization focused on innovations derived from nature. Identifying the microbes that are most beneficial to crops and applying them in the optimal way requires a deep understanding of science, and a tremendous investment in research and development.
We are committed to being a motivating and healthy place to work.
To this end, we:
- Clearly communicate the company priorities, link each employee’s efforts to the company’s success, and recognize and reward success
- Create an inspiring and collegial work environment where everyone feels connected to one another, collaborates well across functions, and has opportunities to learn and grow
- Empower employees to be innovative, creative, and to set and achieve big goals
- Support the health and wellness of our employees
We will interact with others with transparency, respect, honesty, and integrity. We apply this principle to employees, partners, investors, regulators, growers, and consumers. This behavior builds loyalty, garners trust, and establishes an impeccable reputation, and it’s just the right thing to do.
We aren’t perfect and will inevitably fall short of these values on occasion. When that happens, we will acknowledge our mistakes and learn from our experiences so we can do better in the future.